Experience and results matter. Our law firm has been helping personal injury accident victims in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania area since 1984.
Below are some of our notable case results in Pennsylvania and New Jersey:
- $20 million – botched operation against negligent surgeon with a $500,000 award for the husband’s loss of consortium
- $4 million – wrong medication dosage to child resulting in severe brain damage
- Significant 6 figure settlement – man severed hand on defective machinery
- Significant settlement – forklift accident injury resulting in head injury with cognitive deficit
- Significant 6 figure settlement – construction worker fell in a hole at a construction site
- Substantial settlement for the estate of a 3-year old was killed when a chest of drawers fell on the child. We were able to successfully argue that the “product” was defective.
- Numerous cases have been successfully resolved involving table saws on construction sites.
- We have been able to successfully resolve cases even when the employer has removed safety guards for their employees’ protection.
- Substantial jury verdict in the state of New Jersey for a construction worker who suffered a closed head injury resulting in cognitive deficits as a result of hitting his head while operating a forklift.
- Substantial 6 figure award for an 18-year old woman who suffered a closed head injury as a result of a motor vehicle accident.
The personal injury lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area, including:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
261 Old York Rd., Suite 504
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Tel: (215) 925-4451
Fax: (215) 574-1200
New Jersey Office
1415 Route 70 East
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Tel: (856) 427-0614
Fax: (856) 424-3690
Can a local city in Pennsylvania be held liable for a roadway defect in a car accident case?
Yes, in some cases, a local city, county or state government entity in Pennsylvania could be held liable in a case where a car, truck, bus or motorcycle accident occurs due to some defect of the local road or street. Cases usually revolve around whether or not the...
PA Car & Motorcycle Accident Law -What is a Loss of Consortium Claim?
Under tort law in Pennsylvania, a spouse has a separate right to recover in an accident lawsuit such as a car or motorcycle accident case. Known as a "loss of consortium claim," this type of legal claim is based upon the harm to the relationship between the injured...
How do you determine fault in a car or motorcycle accident in Pennsylvania?
A: Determining fault in a car/motorcycle accident case may be complicated. In some car/motorcycle accident cases, fault is a relatively simple determination. For example, in a DUI case, the driver who caused the accident due to driving while drunk or under the...
I sped up to catch a yellow light and was hit by a car turning left. Who is at fault?
A: Determining fault in an intersection accident case will require review of applicable state/local traffic laws, the police report, accident scene photos, property damage photos, etc. Generally, cars turning left must yield the right of way to oncoming traffic....
What is the value of a car accident case in Pennsylvania?
Value of car accident cases in Pennsylvania depends on two issues: liability and damages. Liability or fault is often clear in a car accident case. For instance, the other driver may have run a red light or failed to yield at an intersection. However, there are many...