SUCCESS OF YOUR BUSINESS LIABILITY CASE MAY DEPEND ON THE RIGHT EXPERTS
With over 60 years of combined experience, our business liability lawyers know that success of these kinds of cases often depends on using the right experts. Our lawyers use the very best experts and engineers to prove liability when needed.
Businesses and stores are often sued for slip and fall, trip and fall or other negligent acts, such as:
- negligent security/criminal conduct,
- slip and fall/trip and fall,
- landlord negligence,
- negligent commercial business management, and
- negligently serving alcohol.
GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF LAW WHICH APPLY TO DEFECTIVE PREMISES CASES IN PENNSYLVANIA OR NEW JERSEY
Generally, an owner or possessor of land or real estate has a duty to maintain his real estate in a safe condition and is responsible for any damages caused by his failure to do so. Business owners, home owners, and store owners all have the responsibility to maintain their property. So if you are injured on another person’s property, the property owner may be liable.
LIABILITY FOR CRIMINAL CONDUCT
We have successfully prosecuted cases for victims of criminal attacks at apartment buildings, parking lots, and other public and private spaces. In addition, our office has succeeded in cases where our clients were injured as a result of assaults by third party criminals at concerts, bars, supermarkets, public events, restaurants and parties. Victims of these kinds of attacks may be able to make claims against the owner of the premises where the incident occurred for failure to provide adequate security.
DEFECTIVE AND DANGEROUS PREMISES CASES WE HANDLE
For nearly 30 years, our law firm has obtained substantial monetary recoveries for clients who have been injured in numerous types of defective premises liability cases in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. These cases have included trip and falls and slip and falls involving the following:
- department stores,
- parking lots,
- sporting events,
- entertainment centers,
- subway stations,
- inside and outside of residences,
- inside and outside of commercial properties,
- inside and outside of business premises,
- swimming pools,
- sports fields,
- school buildings,
- office buildings, and
- construction areas.
Some examples include:
- A construction worker obtained a substantial arbitration award as a result of injuries he sustained when he fell in a hole that was present on the construction site.
- A construction worker obtained a substantial settlement when he was injured on his job site when he was hit by construction debris which was not being properly removed from the job site.
- Numerous clients have received substantial settlements, awards, and/or jury verdicts as a result of the injuries they sustained as a result of defective and dangerous sidewalks.
At Schwartz & Blackman our New Jersey and Pennsylvania premises liability lawyers are ready to immediately assess the scene with investigators, safety engineers, and photographers in order to preserve vital evidence.
Call for a free legal consultation. 215.925.4451
The defective premises accident lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area, including:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
Fall Accident Law Library
I was making a delivery and tripped on the property where I was making a delivery. Do I have a claim against the homeowner?
261 Old York Rd., Suite 504
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Tel: (215) 925-4451
Fax: (215) 574-1200
New Jersey Office
1415 Route 70 East
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Tel: (856) 427-0614
Fax: (856) 424-3690