There are many potential defendants in a stairway fall accident lawsuit in Pennsylvania. While the facts of each case vary, there are for the most part, two common defendants in a stairway fall accident case:
1. Building Owner
Under Pennsylvania fall accident law, a property owner or building owner has a duty to maintain premises in a reasonable safe condition for customers, visitors, etc. Failure to take care of a known defect and failure to perform reasonable inspections of the property are often the main claims against the owner.
2. Property Management Company
In many fall accident cases, a building owner may hire a property management company to oversee day to day maintenance of the premises. This is especially common for the following:
- large commercial landlords,
- large residential landlords,
- shopping malls, and
- shopping centers/plazas.
In less common stairway fall accident cases, other parties may be liable. For instance, in a case where a stairway collapses after structural work, the contractor/construction company may be liable and added as a defendant. In a slip and fall case, a maintenance company may be liable for negligently using a cleaning solution which made the stairs slippery, thus causing the accident.
- Pennsylvania Stairway Fall Accident Update – Wet Steps
- Pennsylvania Fall Accident Law – Viability of a Stairway Fall Accident Case
- Slip, Trip & Fall Accidents – What You Have to Prove in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania & New Jersey Stairway Fall Accident Lawyers
Schwartz & Blackman has been representing the injured and their families for over thirty years in fall accident cases. Our firm offers a free consultation for all Pennsylvania and New Jersey injury and accident victims. Call now and ask for your free consultation. 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman handles fall down accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.