Every fall accident scenario is unique and so, in any given parking lot fall accident case, there may be one defendant or multiple defendants. In general, the parties who can be held liable for a fall accident include:
- store owner,
- landlord/property owner (when there is a lease between the store and the property owner),
- parking lot maintenance companies, and
- other contractors.
Liability of the store and/or the landlord or parking lot owner often depends on the lease or operating contract between the parties. In many cases, a business/store may retain control over only the inside premises, and the landlord assumes maintenance and care over the parking lot. We see this in situations when a fall accident occurs in a shopping mall or strip mall, where the landlord retains control over the parking lot.
Suggested: Pennsylvania Parking Lot Accident Law
In addition to the store owner or landlord of the premises, a parking lot maintenance or security company may be liable. For instance, in a fall accident due to snow/ice accumulation, a snow/ice removal contractor may be liable for negligence in salting or removal. If construction work was performed at the parking lot and contributed to the fall accident, the contractor may be liable.
Because each fall down accident case is unique, it is important to speak to a fall down accident lawyer to discuss the specific facts and legal issues related to your case.
- Store Liability for Negligence in Pennsylvania
- Tips on What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident
- Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Law – Liability of Stores & Businesses
Philadelphia Fall Down Accident Lawyer 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman has been representing the injured and their families for over thirty years in slip and fall cases.
Our firm offers a free consultation for all Pennsylvania and New Jersey injury and accident victims. Call now and ask for your free consultation. 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman handles fall accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.