A: In general, motorcycle accident lawsuits are no different than most other personal injury cases. However, motorcycle accident cases can be complex and involve multiple kinds of claims. For example, there may be a products liability claim in addition to a negligence claim against another driver. In such cases, there may be a need for multiple experts, such as an accident reconstruction expert in addition to a mechanical engineer.
In general, the litigation process in a motorcycle accident case is straightforward. Once the case is filed, the parties will engage in discovery. Some common aspects of discovery involve paper discovery, case investigation and depositions. After discovery is completed, the parties prepare for resolution via trial or settlement.
Related Legal Articles:
- What to Expect in a Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
- Three Common Motorcycle Accident Scenarios
- Investigating Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Cases for Liability Beyond the Other Driver
- Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Law – Who Pays for Medical Bills?
For more information contact our Pennsylvania and New Jersey motorcycle accident lawyers at 215.925.4451.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Published: July11, 2012