A: Those who are injured due to negligence of police in a police chase accident situation may obtain financial recovery for their injuries. Each case is unique and depending on the circumstances, an injured plaintiff may recover the following:
- pain and suffering,
- medical bills for past and future treatment,
- past and future lost wages, and
- other financial losses.
However, it is important to note that special laws apply to all claims or lawsuits against Pennsylvania government agencies such as a police department. For instance, there is a 6 month notice requirement which requires that the injured person file a notice with the correct agency no later than 180 days after the accident occurred. Failure to do so may result in denial of the claim altogether.
It is vital to have the case reviewed by a knowledgeable lawyer with experience handling police chase matters in Pennsylvania.
Related Legal Articles:
- Pennsylvania Police Chase Accident Law-Police Liability for Bystander Injury or Death
- Pennsylvania Police Chase Statistics and Information
If you’d like to have your case reviewed by our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania police chase accident and injury lawyers, call 215.925.4451. Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation.
The personal injury lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Published: June 30, 2012