A: In Pennsylvania, hospitals can be sued for negligence or malpractice. Pennsylvania courts recognize two causes of action: corporate negligence and vicarious liability. Both require different kinds of proofs and both will generally require an expert medical opinion detailing the negligence.
Related Legal Articles:
- Proving Emergency Room Mistake & Medical Malpractice in Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Hospital Emergency Room Malpractice Law – The Statute of Limitations
- Common Emergency Room Mistakes in a Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
For more information, contact our Pennsylvania hospital malpractice lawyers at 215.925.4451.
The lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle hospital malpractice cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Published: July 11, 2012