Pennsylvania workers’ compensation laws provide some measure of protection for workers who are injured in on the job accidents. Many workers suffer serious, catastrophic injuries which result in severe scarring or disfigurement. Under Pennsylvania workers’ compensation laws, injured workers are entitled to receive special benefits for injuries resulting in permanent disfigurement/scarring or loss of a limb, loss of hearing/vision, etc.
Here are the important aspects of these special benefits, which are known as specific loss benefits:
1. The worker does not have to miss any time from work in order to make a claim for these benefits.
2. They are paid in addition to any work loss payments or medical benefits.
3. They are paid as a lump sum.
4. They are calculated according to a statutory schedule.
Injured workers may also make additional claims against other parties, such as contractors or subcontractors whose negligent actions caused or contributed to the accident. Such claims would be on top of any workers’ compensation claim.
It is very important to have a potential workplace accident case evaluated by a knowledgeable workers’ compensation lawyer who also specializes in assessing liability of other parties.
Call Schwartz & Blackman as soon as possible to discuss any questions you may have. 215.925.4451
The workers’ compensation and social security disability lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area, including:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Published: June 22, 2012