Sidewalk accidents can and do result in serious injury. Many people who are seriously injured in fall down accidents on sidewalks do nothing about the accident. However, while legal action might not be necessary, it may be necessary to at least report the accident to the owner so that the owner can repair the sidewalk issue which led to accident, such as broken or missing pieces or grossly uneven areas.
Two Things to Consider if You’ve Been Injured in a Fall Down Sidewalk Accident in Pennsylvania:
1. It is important to report the accident to the owner.
Liability is almost always an issue in any slip and fall or trip and fall case. Most of the time, there are no witnesses. So, proving that an accident occurred is important. That’s why reporting the accident to the store, business or individual is important. If you fell on a sidewalk in front of a residence, report the injury to the owner of the residence. If you fell on a sidewalk in front of an office building, report the injury to management at the office building. If you don’t get to it that day, make the report as soon as is practicably possible. Read more about tips you should follow after you’ve fallen in a slip and fall accident in Pennsylvania.
2. Seek medical attention and report all symptoms to your doctor.
In many sidewalk accident situations, common injuries include serious injuries like fractures, muscle or tendon tears and head injuries. Less serious injuries include neck, shoulder, knee or back pain. If a serious injury occurs, the less serious injuries are put on the back burner. Down the road, left untreated, less serious injuries can become serious injuries.
For example, in a common sidewalk accident scenario, a person fractures their arm. Surgery occurs and physical therapy begins. Everything seems to be going well. Then, what was thought to be a knee sprain is revealed to be a serious tendon tear that now requires surgery.
Related Pennsylvania Sidewalk Slip & Fall Legal Articles:
- Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Law – Liability of Stores & Businesses
- Pennsylvania Sidewalk Accident Law – Defendants in a Sidewalk Accident Lawsuit
- Pennsylvania Sidewalk Accident Law – Local Government Liability
Pennsylvania Sidewalk Accident & Fall Lawyers – FREE CONSULTATIONS
For more information, contact our Pennsylvania slip and fall lawyers at 215.925.4451. Our lawyers have over 60 years of combined experience and are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation.
The lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.