May 21, 2012
Last week, a young East Brunswick, New Jersey man was killed in a motorcycle accident. According to the East Brunswick Patch, the motorcyclist was hit by another vehicle as the vehicle exited a shopping plaza on Amwell Road. The rider was airlifted to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital where he later died from his injuries. The other driver also suffered some injuries. Anyone with knowledge of the accident is asked to contact the Hillsborough Police Department at 908-369-4323.
The majority of motorcycle accidents result from collisions with other vehicles. However, the actual cause of these accidents vary greatly. Negligence of multiple parties may have caused the accident. For example, a collision may occur because of a roadway defect, defective motorcycle or both. Multiple causes can converge in an instant, causing a motorcycle accident.
Many riders and their families assume that the only claim which can be made is against the other driver. The reality is that there are multiple claims which can be made. When serious injury or death results, proper investigation will reveal liability of all parties, not just the other driver.
The following claims are common in serious motorcycle accident cases:
- defects in roadway or traffic control malfunctions against the roadway owner,
- product liability claims against motorcycle manufacturers or distributors, and
- negligence claims against property owners whose properties abut the accident location.
For more information about these claims, read a free legal article about investigating motorcycle accidents.
In order to determine the causes of a multiple factor accident, accident reconstructionists and/or engineers will be necessary. Having a lawyer with experience litigating these kinds of complex motorcycle accident cases is crucial to ensure maximum recovery, especially in cases where the rider becomes disabled or is killed as a result of the injuries.
If you’d like a NO-COST review by our Pennsylvania and New Jersey motorcycle accident lawyers, call 215.925.4451. Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation.
The lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.