A: Distracted drivers who cause accidents can certainly be held liable for negligence in causing any car, truck or motorcycle accident. Injured motorcycle riders can make claims for the following:
- medical bills (past and future),
- lost wages (past and future), and
- pain and suffering (past and future).
Read more about texting and motorcycle accidents. In addition to ordinary damage claims, a claim for punitive damages can be made in a motorcycle accident case where the other driver was using a cell phone or texting and driving. In order to make a successful claim for punitive damages, there must be some kind of circumstance which shows the other driver’s conscious disregard for the safety of others on the road. For instance, speeding and texting at the same time might be sufficient to make a punitive damage claim. Talking on a cell phone while speeding in a school zone may also be sufficient to make a claim for punitive damages.
- Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accidents – Steps to Take After an Accident
- Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits – Recovering Pain and Suffering Damages
Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman take great pride in representing motorcyclists and have successfully handled many motorcycle accident cases. FREE consultations. 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman handles motorcycle accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.