Let’s face it, motorcycle riding is dangerous, and for a number of reasons. Some riders simply do not have enough riding experience and will get into an accident due to their own fault. Other, more experienced riders will get into an accident usually due to another driver’s fault.
Regardless of whether a motorcycle accident is the rider or the driver’s fault, the injuries are usually very serious. Motorcycle riders literally have no barrier between their physical bodies and the elements, including other vehicles.
Here are some safety tips for all motorcycle riders:
1. Know Your Motorcycle and How to Handle it
Take a motorcycle driving course. Click here to sign up for the Live Free Ride Alive training course offered by the Pennsylvania Motorcycle Safety Program.
Read the manufacturer’s manual.
Know the rules of the road.
Know how your motorcycle handles in all weather conditions before taking it out.
2. Visibility is Critical
Other drivers often have difficulty seeing motorcycles, much less reacting to them.
Turn your headlights on, day and night.
Wear reflective clothing.
Use your horn.
3. Appropriate Clothing Can Prevent Some Injuries
Always wear a good quality helmet. Read about Pennsylvania motorcycle helmet laws.
Always wear eye gear.
Wear leather or other thick clothing.
4. Defensive Driving Can Prevent Accidents
Be aware of your surroundings.
Give yourself space and time to react.
Do not ride when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Do not speed.
More Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Legal Articles:
- Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accidents – Steps to Take After an Accident
- Investigating Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Cases for Liability Beyond the Other Driver
Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman take great pride in representing motorcyclists and have successfully handled many motorcycle accident cases. FREE consultations.
Schwartz & Blackman handles motorcycle accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.