A: In general, motorcycle accident victims who miss time from work as a result of injuries have several avenues to recoup lost wages.
1. Motorcycle accident insurance. Some riders purchase special kinds of policies which may provide lost wage coverage. However, these kinds of policies are somewhat rare.
2. Disability benefits. Depending on the length of the disability, a rider may be able to make a claim through a work disability policy and/or eventually make a Social Security disability claim.
3. Lawsuit against the negligent driver. So long as the motorcycle accident was caused by another driver’s negligence, an injured motorcycle accident rider may be able to make a claim against that driver’s car insurance carrier. Eventually, a lawsuit may be necessary. Read about what to expect when filing a Philadelphia accident lawsuit.
Suggested reading: Recovering Lost Wages After a Motorcycle Accident in Pennsylvania
*The above answer is no substitute for a legal consultation with a qualified car/motorcycle accident lawyer who is familiar with Pennsylvania law. Contact our office for a free consultation. 215.925.4451
Related Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Legal Articles:
- Investigating Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Cases for Liability Beyond the Other Driver
- Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Law – Who Pays for Medical Bills?
Pennsylvania Motorcycle Accident Law Firm
If you’d like a NO-COST review by our Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyers, call 215.925.4451. Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation.
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.