A: In Pennsylvania, property owners including retail stores and other establishments such as restaurants, bars, malls, etc. have a legal duty to their guests or customers. That legal duty requires that the store take reasonable steps to find and resolve or warn of dangerous conditions, like water on the floor.
However, in order to find a store liable for an accident caused by water on the floor, there must be evidence that the store failed to perform reasonable inspections of the premises or worse, knew of the condition and failed to do anything about it.
Liability in fall down accident cases involving water on the floor often depends on factors such as:
- the type of establishment,
- where the water was located (bathroom, walkway, etc.),
- where the water originated from (leak, inclement weather, etc.),
- how long the water was present on the floor before the accident occurred, and
- whether the plaintiff was negligent in causing the accident in any way.
Related post: Water on the Floor – Pennsylvania Slip & Fall Accident Law
Every slip and fall accident case is unique and liability often depends on the facts and circumstances of the case. For more information, contact a Pennsylvania slip and fall accident lawyer.
- Pennsylvania Slip, Trip & Fall Accident Law
- The Timeline of a Slip & Fall Lawsuit in Philadelphia
- Proving the Extent of a Head Injury in a Slip and Fall Accident Case
Philadelphia Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers
Schwartz & Blackman has been representing the injured and their families for over thirty years in slip and fall accident cases. Our firm offers a free consultation for all Pennsylvania and New Jersey injury and accident victims. Call now and ask for your free consultation. 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman handles fall down accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.