A: While the vast majority of New Jersey workers who suffer injuries at work are eligible to make workers’ compensation claims, many workers may be able to make additional claims against different entities for negligent actions which contributed to the accident. Each case is unique and requires review by a knowledgeable work accident lawyer in New Jersey.
Some common entities which may be sued in a New Jersey workplace accident case include:
- machine equipment manufacturers or equipment maintenance companies,
- building cleaning or maintenance contractors, and
- drivers of cars, trucks and buses.
Injured workers may be able to recover lost wages, medical expenses and pain and suffering damages in a negligence or tort action. For more information, click here to access our article about New Jersey workplace accidents and workers’ rights, by our New Jersey work accident lawyers.
Related New Jersey Work Accident Legal Articles:
- Slip and Falls Accidents at Work in New Jersey – What an Injured Worker Should Know
- Workplace Accidents in New Jersey – Suing an Employer
New Jersey Work Related Accident & Injury Law Firm
If you’d like to have your case reviewed by our New Jersey workplace accident lawyers, call 215.925.4451. Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation.
The work injury and accident lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Published: September 7, 2012