A: Going to the emergency room after a slip and fall accident, while helpful, is not required in order to proceed with a case. Under Pennsylvania slip and fall negligence law, the plaintiff must be able to prove the following:
1. a duty owed by the owner of the place where the accident occurred (store, mall, etc.),
2. some negligence by the owner (breach of the duty),
3. the negligence caused the injury, and
Slip and fall cases can be difficult to prove, especially if there were no eyewitnesses. Going to the ER after the accident is important from a medical treatment standpoint. In addition, ER records can show the reason for the visit, i.e., that a fall down accident occurred, and this can help establish that the negligence of the owner caused the injuries.
- Tips on What to do After a Slip and Fall Accident
- Proving the Extent of a Head Injury in a Slip and Fall Accident Case
- Slip and Fall Accidents at Work in Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Slip and Fall Lawyers
The Philadelphia slip and fall accident lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman accept cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area and always offer a free consultation:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.