A: Stores can be held liable for fall down accidents in parking lots. The key is proving negligence. If the store was not negligent, then there is no case. It is important to note that a store/owner is not the only party who may be liable for a fall down accident case. Especially in parking lot accident cases, a parking lot maintenance company or property management company may be liable.
The most common theory of liability in a parking lot fall down accident case is negligent maintenance of the parking lot. In addition, oftentimes, stores do not conduct proper inspections of parking lots for fall down hazards. Pennsylvania fall down accident law requires that stores open to the general public conduct reasonable inspections of the store premises to resolve accident hazards. Liability often attaches when a store does nothing about fall hazards. Learn more about liability in parking lot/garage fall accident cases in Pennsylvania.
In order to prove negligence, it is important to be able to fully document how the accident occurred. Pictures taken at or near the time of the accident can help prove the existence of a defect.
- Pennsylvania Slip and Fall Law – Liability of Stores & Businesses
- What You Should Know About Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents in Department Stores in Philadelphia
- Filing an Accident or Injury Lawsuit in Philadelphia – What to Expect (Part 1)
Philadelphia Fall Down Accident Lawyer 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman has been representing the injured and their families for over thirty years in slip and fall cases.
Our firm offers a free consultation for all Pennsylvania and New Jersey injury and accident victims. Call now and ask for your free consultation. 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman handles fall accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.