A: Each case varies and is unique. Therefore, no two cases will be resolved in the same way. However, in general, most civil lawsuits will be settled prior to trial.
In Philadelphia, accident and injury lawsuits are put on a trial schedule. This schedule dictates when the parties must complete discovery and when important hearings will occur, such as a settlement conference and pre-trial hearing. This schedule ultimately helps to facilitate settlement because the settlement conference will be scheduled shortly after all discovery is complete. If the case does not settle, then trial will be scheduled. In lieu of trial, the parties may attempt a private resolution such as an arbitration or mediation. Read more about how Philadelphia personal injury and accident lawsuits are resolved.
- Investigation of Accident & Injury Lawsuits in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Filing an Accident or Injury Lawsuit in Philadelphia – What to Expect (Part 1)
- Discovery in an Accident or Injury Lawsuit in Philadelphia – What to Expect (Part 2)
Philadelphia Injury & Accident Lawyer
Our firm offers a free consultation for all Pennsylvania and New Jersey injury and accident victims. Call now and ask for your free consultation. 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman handles accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.