The answer depends on the facts of the case. Slip and fall cases are won or lost depending on the strength of the evidence. Facts important in a stairway water fall accident include:
- what caused the water,
- how much it accumulated,
- whether a defect lead to excessive water accumulation, and
- how long the water was left on the stairs.
Therefore, it is important to discuss the case with a fall accident lawyer immediately to discuss liability and how to proceed.
In general, under Pennsylvania fall down accident law, those who are injured in stairway fall accidents must prove that the owner or entity responsible for the stairs was negligent in some way. Simply falling down stairs is not enough to prove negligence. There must be evidence of either actual or constructive notice.
Evidence of actual notice includes evidence that others previously fell due to the same problem or the owner had prior complaints about the problem. Evidence of constructive notice includes evidence that the owner should have known about the problem. Proving constructive notice is a bit more complex and requires careful investigation and eventually, careful discovery after the lawsuit is filed.
Free stairway fall accident articles:
- Pennsylvania Stair Fall Accidents – What You Need to Know
- Pennsylvania Stairway Fall Accident Update – Wet Steps
Pennsylvania & New Jersey Fall Accident Lawyers
Schwartz & Blackman has been representing the injured and their families for over thirty years in fall accident cases. Our firm offers a free consultation for all Pennsylvania and New Jersey injury and accident victims. Call now and ask for your free consultation. 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman handles fall down accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.