A: Under Pennsylvania law, stores have certain duties with respect to people who are invited onto the premises, or into the store. This applies to all types of stores, including:
- grocery stores,
- gas stations,
- shopping malls,
- restaurants/bars, and
- retail stores.
Generally, liability tends to fall into two categories – negligent maintenance leading to an accident and negligent security issues and negligent hiring issues leading to criminal activity. A store which fails to perform regular maintenance may be liable for water on the floor which results in a slip and fall accident. A store may also be liable for negligent hiring when an employee with a penchant for violence attacks and injures a customer.
- Store Liability for Negligence in Pennsylvania
- Filing an Accident or Injury Lawsuit in Philadelphia – What to Expect (Part 1)
- Resolving an Accident and Injury Lawsuit in Philadelphia
Philadelphia Store Liability & Accident Lawyer 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman has been representing the injured and their families for over thirty years in store and business liability and accident cases.
Our firm offers a free consultation for all Pennsylvania and New Jersey injury and accident victims. Call now and ask for your free consultation. 215.925.4451
Schwartz & Blackman handles accident cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.