Need Legal Help? Call 215.925.4451

I was attacked by a loose dog in my apartment complex in Philadelphia. What can I do about my injuries?

[suffusion-widgets id=’4′]

A: So long as the owner of the dog is known, you may be able to recover for your injuries against the owner directly. You may also be able to file a complaint with the local district justice to have the dog declared dangerous.

You may also have a personal injury claim against the apartment complex owner, if it can be shown that the landlord or its property management complex had notice of a dangerous dog on the loose and did not warn its tenants or otherwise failed to act under the circumstances. It is important to note that each case is unique and depends on the individual facts and circumstances. It is best to speak to a lawyer who specializes in dog attack cases immediately in order to preserve your rights.

Related Legal Articles:

If you’d like to have your case reviewed by our Pennsylvania dog bite and animal attack lawyers, call 215.925.4451. Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation.

The dog bite lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:

  • PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
  • NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities

*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case.  See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.

Published: June 27, 2012



    *No attorney-client relationship is created by use of this email form. Do not email confidential or time-sensitive information. Call the firm for immediate assistance.


    Pennsylvania Office
    The Pavilion
    261 Old York Rd., Suite 504
    Jenkintown, PA 19046
    Tel: (215) 925-4451
    Fax: (215) 574-1200

    New Jersey Office
    1415 Route 70 East
    Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
    Tel: (856) 427-0614
    Fax: (856) 424-3690