A: Products liability cases often involve very complex laws, regulations, and technical or design issues. Therefore, each and every products liability case varies in terms of the issues, laws and regulations which may apply. However, products liability cases in New Jersey will proceed in the courts as any other civil case. After filing of the Complaint, the parties will engage in discovery and then ultimately settle the case or go to trial. Nine times out of ten, a civil case will settle prior to trial.
The single most important part of a products liability case is finding the right expert who will offer an opinion as to the product’s defectiveness. It is crucial to have an experienced New Jersey products liability lawyer, one who knows which experts to use and the right questions to ask.
More New Jersey Products Liability Articles:
- NJ Products Liability Legal Article: Damages Recoverable in a NJ Products Liability Lawsuit
- New Jersey Products Liability Lawsuits – What Claims are Made?
- New Jersey Product Liability Law – The Basics
Call 215.925.4451 to speak to one of our New Jersey products liability lawyers. Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation.
The products liability lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania area:
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Published: July 25, 2012