Medical and Hospital Malpractice
Our firm has brought claims to successful conclusions against medical professionals, hospitals, therapists, dentists, midwives, and other medical groups throughout the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area for careless mistakes which have caused injury.
Doctors are human and when their negligence causes you harm, you may be entitled to an award of substantial money damages, under the laws of Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Schwartz & Blackman has successfully pursued claims including cases involving:
- delayed diagnosis of cancer,
- ectopic pregnancy,
- timeliness of delivery,
- cesarean section,
- emergency room errors,
- surgical mistakes,
- elective surgery,
- misdiagnosis of cancer,
- medication errors, and
- other cases involving medical mistakes.
Some examples of our PA and NJ medical negligence or malpractice cases include:
- We have handled numerous cases to a successful conclusion involving the delayed diagnosis of cancer, including breast and cervical cancers.
- In one case we obtained a substantial settlement for a client whose physician failed to advise her that she had an abnormal pap smear. This failure delayed her diagnosis of cervical cancer.
- In another case, our client obtained a substantial settlement as a result of her gynecologist’s failure to have the client have routine mammograms. This failure delayed the diagnosis of the client’s breast cancer.
- Emergency room personnel failed to recognize the seriousness of our client’s severe headaches and nausea. They did not take the time to properly examine her or to take a CAT scan. She was discharged to her home. Unfortunately our young client had a stroke, thereby causing permanent and disabling brain trauma and other injuries. As a result of the misdiagnosis, the hospital and emergency room malpractice lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman recovered a sizable settlement for our client and her family, prior to trial.
- Our young client who was giving birth, heard and watched in horror as her newborn baby slipped through the doctor’s hands. The baby struck his head on the “after-birth bucket”. As a result the baby sustained a fractured skull and significant, traumatic closed head brain injuries. The case settled for substantial money damages prior to trial.
- A Philadelphia, PA jury awarded over $20 million dollars to our client whose negligent surgeon caused her injury during a routine gallbladder operation. In addition her husband was awarded $500,000 for his loss of consortium.
- After undergoing a significant kidney operation in a preeminent Philadelphia, PA children’s pediatric hospital, our client, a child, was administered the wrong medication dosage. As a result the child sustained severe brain damage. The case settled before trial for $4 million dollars.
- Our client, a 36 year old special education teacher, went to a southern New Jersey hospital for a routine hernia operation and never returned home. After the surgery our client was to receive pain medication. Instead of pain medication, our team argued that in fact she was administered a lethal dose of anesthesia resulting in her agonizing death. The hospital personnel refused to acknowledge the error. The case settled for a significant sum after the New Jersey jury heard the plaintiff’s case.
Click here to read about additional Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey hospital medical malpractice case results.
Click here to read about additional Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey doctor, specialist and surgeon medical malpractice case results.
We stand ready to investigate your case with the proper team of medical experts and spare no expense in our pursuit of justice in medical malpractice cases. With nearly 30 years of experience on our side, we provide excellent representation.
Contact our office today. (215) 925-4451
The medical and hospital malpractice lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area, including:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities