Workers’ Compensation & Social Security
Have you or someone you know been disabled or injured on the job? Denied benefits or even failed to get paid for missed time from work? If so, you may be eligible to receive Workers’ Compensation benefits. Schwartz & Blackman has been successful in protecting the rights of workers in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We want you to focus on getting better while we concentrate on getting you the appropriate compensation for your claims.
Workers Compensation is insurance which provides compensation and medical benefits as a result of an on-the-job accident, injury or occupational disease. It is designed to protect workers against the hardships caused by workplace accidents.
In New Jersey, a worker is entitled to receive monetary compensation if he or she has sustained a permanent injury. Schwartz & Blackman has obtained substantial monetary damages recoveries for many workers, including workers who sustained a permanent injury but did not miss one day of work. Schwartz & Blackman is thoroughly familiar with the procedures and have access to the physicians who evaluate our clients and determine that they have sustained permanent injuries, which entitle them to monetary compensation.
However, because employers often deny that you were injured on the job, workers’ compensation insurance carriers may deny your entitlement to benefits. Should this happen to you, we will be there to guide you through the process.
Some examples of our success include:
- numerous substantial workers’ compensation settlements for permanent injuries sustained by New Jersey workers even when they have not missed any time from work,
- substantial settlements for workers who had been injured in Pennsylvania,
- claim petitions and obtaining worker compensation benefits for numerous persons involved in work-related accidents in Pennsylvania, and
- preventing the suspension or termination of workers’ compensation benefits of persons who were injured in Pennsylvania.
Social Security Disability
If you are disabled with a medical condition that has lasted longer than one year or is terminal and you cannot work, then you may be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits.
At Schwartz & Blackman, we can help you organize your information, including medical records, and file the necessary Social Security Disability Application. Should you be denied benefits by Social Security ( a common occurrence), we will appeal your denial and file the necessary reconsideration request.
Call Schwartz & Blackman as soon as possible to discuss any questions you may have. 215.925.4451
The workers’ compensation and social security disability lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area, including:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities