A: Under New Jersey law, those injured at work can make two kinds of claims:
1. workers’ compensation claims, and
2. third party claims against non-employer parties.
Workers’ compensation claims can be made regardless of whose fault the accident was. However, third party claims may be made where another party’s negligence caused the accident. In many workplace accident situations, other parties are hired to handle maintenance. Each case is unique and so it is important to discuss the case with an experienced New Jersey workers’ compensation and workplace accident lawyer.
Related Legal Articles:
- Slip and Falls Accidents at Work in New Jersey – What an Injured Worker Should Know
- Workplace Accidents in New Jersey – Suing an Employer
For more information, contact our New Jersey workplace accident lawyers. Call 215.925.4451. Our lawyers are available for a free, no obligation legal consultation.
The work injury and accident lawyers at Schwartz & Blackman handle cases in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey area:
- PA: Berks County, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, Allentown, Lehigh Valley, Norristown, Philadelphia
- NJ: Atlantic County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Camden, Cherry Hill, New Jersey shore cities
*This website does not provide legal advice. Every case is unique and it is important to get a qualified, expert legal opinion prior to making any decisions about your case. See the full disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
Published: July 19, 2012